Who can resist a hot dog? Check Low tips!
The Hot dog or hot dog is a typical food of the United States basically consists of placing a sausage in a bread sloshed.
We United States, it is typically prepared by adding the sauce bittersweet sausage, pickled cucumber base, mustard and ketchup. They are also widely used sauerkraut (sauerkraut) and or chili, bean mass species with spicy ground beef. It was from 1945, after World War, when Brazil came under great influence of American culture, the hot dog definitely conquered space here.
In our country the recipe usually varies according to each region. In the state of Sao Paulo, the preparation of the dish uses mashed potatoes, while in Rio de Janeiro, It is used quail egg. In Minas Gerais, It is served with green and potato corn straw and Paraiba, with ground beef and chopped vegetables over sausage. In Pernambuco, the hot dog is presented only with bread and ground beef, without sausage, but keeping the name plate. In Santa Catarina, especially during the course of Oktoberfest, in the city of Blumenau, beyond traditional ingredients, It adds up Sauerkraut (Typical fermented cabbage Preserve German cuisine).
Manaus is common to find being served with sausage on bread and a tomato-based sauce with a few vegetables, ketchup, mayonnaise, potato chips and grated cheese.
Generally, It can also be added to hot dogs: mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, tomato-based sauces (hot or cold), pepper, onion, potato sticks, salpicão, homemade mayonnaise, spiced mayonnaise, tomato, beet, cucumber, pickles, pea, corn, mashed potatoes, lard, Creamy cheese, crumbs, among others.
My recommendation to you seeking enjoy a good hot dog and know variations of this recipe is the "Doggers", which is at Av. Djalma Batista, 935 – Shell place 3000 (Annex next to the Patio Gourmet) and works every day from 17h to 23h.
Today I will spend a recipe that hot dog sauce or hot-dog that most of us ate as children in birthday parties.
If you prefer you can use ground beef, chicken or a homemade type sausage instead of sausage and follow the recipe the same way.
– 2 spoons (soup) oil;
– 1 chopped onion;
– 2 cloves garlic, minced;
– 1/2 a green pepper, red and yellow chopped;
– 500g sausage;
– 1 can of chopped peeled tomatoes or 5 tomatoes(big) without mincing seed;
– 1/2 water can (use a lata do tomate para medir);
– 1/2 Green Smell pack
– Salt and black pepper to taste.
Method of preparation
1) Cut sausage in small slices and place in a pan of boiling water for a 3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2) Saute all ingredients, less or tomato, add salt and pepper to taste
3) After 10 sautéing minutes, add the peeled tomatoes, water and cook for 5 minutes.
4) Before placing the sausage, check the salt. Add the sausage and cook for 10 minutes.
5) Finish with Green Smell and Serve.
Tip Low: Serve with potato sticks or grated cheese on top, It is a delight!